Many thanks to Silver Stone from The Bored Side of the Phone for nominating me for the Awesome Blogger Award!
I’ve been nominated for this award before – give my first one a read here. Otherwise, the rules are below!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least five awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees ten new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated.
1. What would you take with you, if you happen to be stranded all alone on an island? (Any 5 items would be ok)
This is a good question! I would take:
- a knife (great all-purpose survival tool) 🔪
- a mirror (to attract attention if I wanted to leave the island and there was a passing ship)
- a big gas lighter with plenty of fuel 🔥(because fire is a pretty important way to keep warm and safe)
- a phone (even if there’s no signal, I would have a lot of music, books, games etc. downloaded onto my phone. The notes function will also be a useful tool to keep a diary or do some creative writing) ✍️
- a handy solar-powered power bank (so my phone doesn’t run out of charge)
2. Who’s the one celebrity you’d love to meet, and why?
I’d like to meet many celebrities! If I had to pick one, it’d probably be Ashley from bestdressed (though I don’t think she counts herself as a celebrity) – I think our awkward asses would get along well. 😅
(Elon Musk is a close second, although I think if I meet him, I’ll feel like I’m taking up his precious time as he’s got many other better things to be doing!)
3. Are you an extrovert, introvert, or an ambivert?
Introvert! But I need my social time too 🙂
4. What advice would you give your teenage self?
Learn to trust your gut. When it comes to everything from big decisions to meeting people, you’re unlikely to know everything you need to know to make a judgement. With people, hear them out; with big decisions, list out what you do and don’t know; from there, reason to a conclusion. But make sure that you also listen to your intuition. 😇
Train up your intuition as well. Note your first reaction to situations, then reason through to a judgement, taking into account other people’s opinions and views. Then in hindsight, see if your intuition was correct. You’ll be surprised at how many times your reasoning ended up being wrong, and your gut was right!
5. You happen to find a hundred bucks in your jeans after you’ve washed it. What would you spend it on?
I would invest it! I’m spending it on my future self 💰
6. What is the best way to relax after a stressful day?
I like to read or watch YouTube – but often I read and watch self-improvement content! It keeps me motivated for the next day 💪
7. Name your least favourite sport.
Ooh this is hard! My least favourite sport to watch is golf ⛳ (I have no clue what’s going on) and my least favourite sport to play competitively is probably squash (I really don’t like the walls being so close to me and my racket!) – but I don’t mind just having a hit around!
8. Would you rather have a boring job, but get paid more; or have a fun job, but get paid less?
It depends how much more or less I’ll get paid 😉
To answer the question, I don’t think any job will be ‘fun’ all the time, and I think even boring jobs might have their good bits (even if the good bit is payday). I would rather have a job that is more rewarding, in terms of helping people and the planet, that pays a bit less. 🌍But there also has to be good career prospects (so I can get paid more in the future!)
9. The dream concert you’d like to go to? (It could be in the past as well!)
I’d love to go to a BTS concert!! 💜I’ve heard the atmosphere is amazing, but I’m not a huge fan of crowds (even before corona).
Did I mention I’m a fan of k-pop and k-fashion? (smooth transition Jess) I created an insta account dedicated to recreating k-fashion looks with sustainable and second-hand clothes!
10. As a kid, who was your favourite cartoon character?
The PowerPuff Girls!! Buttercup is my favourite, of course 😝
Thanks for such creative questions Silver Stone, I really enjoyed answering them!
- Mohamad at My Martial Path
- Ellie May
- Aesthetic Miradh
- GA at Worths Articles Blog
- Diary of a Quarantined Gal
My Questions to You
- What is the first thing you’ll do after social distancing measures are lifted?
- Your house is burning down, and you only have enough time to save 3 things. What do you save?
- What’s your favourite social media platform?
- Where would you like to travel one day?
- Would you rather have the power to fly or be able to turn invisible?
- If you could snap your fingers and solve a global problem, which problem would you solve?
- Who is your role model/who do you admire the most?
- What’s something you want to achieve this year?
- Cats or dogs?
- What’s one song you’re loving at the moment?