A huge thank you to Jen from gypsybus28 for nominating me for the Liebster Award! She is an awesome blogger who does everything from beauty to travel to food (which is the way to my heart…)
Anyway, here we go!
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Nominate between 5 to 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
Questions from Jen
1. What is your next travel destination?
I’ve already done a heck of a load of travelling this summer – I will write something up about my trips to Italy and China soon, I’ve just been so busy! – but my next travel destination will probably be Moscow or Iceland or America. Who knows?
2. What is your plan for tomorrow?
My plan for tomorrow is to pass my driving theory test (the hazard perception might just kill me) and to go to my induction day for a job I’ve applied for! It’s an events company that supplies people to work in catering, in VIP boxes, at bars etc. It’ll be fun, but they sound very strict… We’ll see 😉
3. What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
Chocolate. I’m a sucker for anything chocolaty – the darker, the better. Preferably also with nuts.
4. What is the first one on your reading list?
This is actually super sad but I’ve got loads to read for my course… Currently reading Where Stuff Comes From by Harvey Molotch. It’s a fascinating analysis of how we shape our materialistic world and how our possessions shape us.
5. When you find something awesome, who is the first person that you like to share?
My brother and/or my friend Michael from chessskrubs (I always forget how many s’s are in that) – they don’t judge and are interested in similar things to me!
6. House or apartment?
House. I like having upstairs and downstairs, and gardens etc. I probably won’t be able to afford one for a while (rising house prices, yay) so apartment will probably be the realistic choice for a few years unless I share…
7. Apple or Android?
Android. Don’t give me an iPhone, I won’t know how to use it. Apple Macs are great computers though!
8. Wine or beer ( if you are over 18)?
Wine. And anything fruity, tbh.
9. What’s in your wallet that is not money related?
(I suppose you mean what is in my wallet that is interesting because my driving licence isn’t interesting)
I have an entrance ticket card thing to Zhangjiajie which has an awesome photo on it…
10. What’s your thoughts about handkerchiefs?
They’re a classy version of a tissue… Except socially acceptable to have them on show.
11. If you can learn a language over night, what will that be?
Chinese – I’ve already written about this but I really don’t like being unable to speak the language of my heritage…
11 Facts About Me
- I am making an effort to be proactive. It puts more control in my hands, rather than just reacting to things that happen to me.
- I dislike wearing makeup. Just can’t deal with not being able to touch or rub my face! And I can’t deal with stuff on my skin either, it feels so uncomfortable (and gross).
- I love clothes and jewellery. A nicer way to look pretty I suppose.
- I’m an adventurer at heart. Even though I do a lot of sitting at home and doing nothing, I love exploring new places and hiking too!
- I’m going to Oxford University. Eeeek!!! I think I’m going to die… (from excitement and from work overload)
- Apart from avocado, sushi and dark chocolate, which I’ve talked about already, I also love artichokes.
- I am not a very open person. I think I’m just awkward.
- I go for a run every morning in the holidays. Don’t know how long that’ll last at uni…
- I don’t like fizzy drinks. It goes up my nose and bleugh.
- I don’t have a favourite colour. I like wearing black, though any colour will do except yellow, which doesn’t suit me that well.
- After watching Dangal (a fantastic biographical sports film about how a former wrestler teaches his daughters to wrestle against all odds), my new favourite celebrity has to be Ritwik Sahore. He puts on a much-underappreciated performance as Omkar, the main protagonist’s cousin-brother.
(Nominated more than 11 because I wanted to say thank you for 500+ followers! Thanks so much ❤ )
- The Finicky Cynic
- Just Life’s Moments
- Life, More Than Existence
- Tanya Williamson
- Syeda Maham Riaz
- Reflecting on Well-being
- Beautiful, Creative, Inspiring… Life
- Spoken Voiceless!
- Her Unusual Journey
- Rhythm and the Dancer
- Yes, I Am.
- Thoughts In Life
- Eclipsed Words
- Life Is A Lyric
- Welcome to My Messy World
- The Girl on the Moon
My 11 Questions for You
- What are your favourite smells?
- What do you do when you’re stressed?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- Is there anything you regret from your childhood?
- Early bird or night owl?
- What is your biggest time-wasting habit?
- What’s one thing you want to master?
- What have you never tried but want to?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- Describe the most precious thing in your room.
- What do you want the old you to look back on and remember fondly?
Alright, hope you enjoyed reading them! Don’t feel like you have to do them, I won’t be offended if you don’t want to 🙂