I know we’re already several days in but better late than never right? I got tagged by the lovely Doni W and I decided to do this tag (created by David from The Guy Who Always Said No) to reflect on my 2016 🙂
1. Describe your 2016 in 3 words.
Disappointing, stressful, adventurous.
2. Write the name of 2 people who have characterised your 2016.
I don’t want to write their names here for privacy’s sake – instead, I’ll describe them. You know who you are!
My brother – I’ve not been the best sister so I’ll make an effort for the last year that we see each other every day.
To a special friend – I’ve broken our second SC streak, so we’re even now (even though you killed the one on 54) and I’m sad things didn’t work out between us, but I’m glad we’re still really good friends 🙂
3. Write about the most beautiful place you’ve visited in 2016 and why you liked it so much.
I went travelling a lot in 2016 actually, mostly with the school seeing as it was the last year where we were old enough to be mature and sensible but not too old that our exams take priority! I visited Washington (see the cover photo of my Rubbish Prediction before the American Election) and Brussels (during the Brussels attacks) but the most beautiful place I’ve visited has to be a place closer to home – the Lake District, whilst on DofE.
The most beautiful place in the Lakes has to be Grisedale Tarn, where we wild camped for the night. The weather was gorgeous, the view from the top of the mountain was stunning, the waterfalls were rejuvenating. It was unforgettable.
4. Write the most delicious food you’ve tasted in 2016.
The mussels in Brussels (that rhyme though) were delicious – I’m a huge fan of seafood and this, combined with authentic Belgian chips, was absolutely heavenly!
5. Write the event which has marked you more of this in 2016 (even global event).
Brexit. Dumbass imperialism. It’s a dead age – the future is in cooperation, not invasion!
6. Write the finest purchase you’ve made in this 2016, and if you want, link a photo.
Well, I would say my various trips abroad but I guess they don’t count? My finest purchase of a material good has to be my leather bomber jacket from All Saints – I am in love.
7. Write 3 good intentions for this 2017.
- Become a better family member and friend
- Perform violin and piano in concerts
- Get my predicted grades
You can read more about my goals here, where I give you some tips for your own!
8. Write 1 place you want to visit in 2017.
China – I hope to go back and actually learn Mandarin! (I know, I know, I’m an excuse for an Asian)
9. Write 1 plate/food you want to eat in 2017.
Bit of a bizarre question, but I think I’ll put sushi – seafood is exquisite (as I’ve said earlier!)
The 9 Lucky Tagged People
I know it’s quite late, but take this challenge up if you want to!
- Mention the creator of the tag: https://theguywhosaidalwaysno.com/
- Use the image that you find in this article.
- Mention the blogger who has chosen you.
- Answer the questions.
- Mention 9 bloggers/friends and let them know through a comment on their blog.
Thank you Doni for nominating me! I’m excited to share some of her work with you tomorrow 🙂 stay tuned!