For many students like me, summer is drawing to a close. I want to appreciate the last couple of weeks before we go back to school, so here I’ll list my favourite things about summer.
- Walking barefoot through the freshly mown grass.
- Laughing outside in the warm evening.
- The sun streaming through the gap in the curtains, gently massaging you awake.
- Picking up a new hobby and having the time to pursue it.
- Continuing with a loved hobby at the pace that you feel comfortable.
- Watching the sparks fly upwards whilst roasting a marshmallow on a bonfire.
- Driving towards the pastel pink and baby blue sunset, towards home, after a week away.
- The quietness of the house during the afternoon siesta.
- The freedom to be able to structure your own time (although it gets tiring after a while).
- The excitement of meeting up with awesome friends.
I’ll miss these simple pleasures during the frantic final year to come.
What are your favourite things about summer?